Both Instagram and Facebook are extremely popular social networking sites that are regularly used to share photos. Most of the time, we upload our photos to these sites using our smartphones, but it is possible to use your computer to upload photos as well.
Uploading a Photo to Facebook with Your PC
- Go to the Facebook website in your web browser.
- Choose the page on Facebook that you want to post your picture on. You can choose your News Feed or a friend’s profile page or even a group.
- Click to create a post, and click on the Photo/Video option.
- A window will pop up that will allow you to browse for the picture or pictures that you want to upload. Select the file or files that you want.
- Click Open at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Your photos will be added to a post-draft, and you will be given the option to edit your post by adding words.
- Once you’ve entered your status and selected your privacy setting for the post, click Post, and you’re finished.
See how to upload a photo to Facebook from you computer here: https://youtu.be/h1thQgs_ptA
Uploading a Photo to Instagram with Your PC
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click the menu at the top right corner of Chrome.
- Select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- Choose the mobile icon. If the icon is blue, mobile view is already enabled.
- Log into Instagram in your browser.
- Click the + icon at the bottom-center part of the page.
- A file folder will open. Select the photo you want to upload.
- Click Open to upload the photo.
- Do any editing you want to do. Editing options are limited in the web browser.
- Click the Next button.
- Add a description.
- Click Share.
Uploaded and Shared
While uploading photos to Instagram and Facebook is notably easier on mobile devices, it is good to know that you can upload photos to the sites from your computer. Some things are more easily done on a computer, like making large albums on Facebook.